The design, assembly and testing equipment for PCBA are greatly dependent on proprietary file formats and tools.
The collaborative nature of PCB design, involving multiple stakeholders across design, engineering and manufacturing teams, necessitates streamlined sharing of design changes.
The diversity of design data, ranging from schematics to footprints, components and layout files, requires a solution capable of seamlessly integrating and visualizing diverse data sources.
ASTER has developed CAD management software solutions, offering a unified data container to standardize workflows from design to production.
- Import bill-of-materials, layout, schematic and netlist files
- Display layout views from proprietary and industry-standard files
- Present schematic views directly from searchable and intelligent PDF files
- Navigate through virtual schematic view reconstructed directly from a netlist file
- Use comparative data checker to check differences between PCBA revisions
Our software features CAD importers to import bill-of-materials, layout, schematic and netlist files from Altium, Cadence, Mentor, Zuken, etc.
- Layout including FATF, GenCAD, ODB++ and Gerber files
- Schematic files including searchable and intelligent PDF
- Netlist files including CADIF, EDIF 2.0 | 3.0 and PDIF format
- Models files including Altium, BSDL, IBIS and KiCAD
- Interoperability with SnapEDA and UltraLibrarian
Layout views can be displayed from a number of industry formats such as GenCAD, FATF, ODB++, or directly from any native CAD layout data such as Altium, Cadence, Mentor, Zuken, etc. Scalable visualization environment that can be used either standalone or integrated within a customer’s application.
Unique digitization capability that allows users to create the schematic view directly from a searchable PDF file.
Schematic views can also be created from other standard formats such as HPGL and Windows Metafile. Scalable visualization environment that can be used either standalone or integrated within a customer’s application.
Annotate analysis information such as nails and coverage onto the schematic.
The innovative “Netlist Navigator” provides a virtual schematic view reconstructed directly from a netlist, which allows users to navigate easily through complex schematic hierarchies.
It also provides a unique capability to visualize component pin functionality, using advanced graphical symbols.
Comparative data checker
The Comparative data checker enables the itemization of differences between two projects.
These projects can be built of different data types and formats and can be used to check for differences in versions or variants, verify signals between schematic netlist and layout data or any of a number of other variations.
The Assembly aspects of the comparative data checker focus on physical differences between the projects such as; position and shape, whereas the Test aspects focus on variations of; connectivity and accessibility.