Cesson-Sévigné, FRANCE /Electronica 2012, Munich, Germany,
November, 13 2012.
TestWay Express is a fully integrated solution that enables electronic manufacturers to optimize the design to delivery flow by:
- Defining the manufacturing line; including a combination of assembly, inspection and test machines.
- Placing test probes intelligently to maximize the coverage and minimize the fixture costs, both initially and in the event of required modifications.
- Estimating the test coverage for each individual strategy using theoretical models and optimize the combined results.
- Generating input files for each test stage that reflects the test options for the selected strategy.
- Measuring the real test coverage by importing the post-debug test program or coverage data.
- Comparing the early estimation with the actual measured test program coverage, identifying gaps in the overall strategy.
The capability to generate lean test programs has particular benefits for the Takaya flying probe tester by:
- Reducing debug time: Machine capability models, automatic test creation algorithms, optimum probe angle selection methods and advanced circuit analysis work together to reduce the amount of machine debug time required after output, thereby increasing machine capacity.
- Increasing Test coverage: Push through technology allows automatic simple cluster testing to increase test coverage through low value resistive components.
- Reducing engineering effort: Automatic component modelisation and intelligent opportunity assessment work together to save engineering time.
- Increasing machine speed: Advanced circuit analysis algorithms allow the creation of tests to target the failure opportunities with no superfluous tests.
- Reducing machine workload: Powerful test coverage analyzers work within the machine capability models to allow the optimization of combined tests across multiple machines, in order to achieve a lean test strategy.
ASTER has developed output processors for a wide range of test, inspection and assembly machines used within the industry such as Acculogic; Aeroflex: 4200; Agilent: i3070; Assembléon; ASSET; Checksum; Corelis; Goepel; JTAG Technologies; MIRTEC; MYDATA; SPEA: 3030/4030/4040; Temento; Takaya: APT8400/94xx/9600; Teradyne: GR228x/TS12x, SPECTRUM, Z1800; TRI: 518/5001/8001.
For more information, or to get a demonstration of these new features, why not visit ASTER Technologies at Stand 352 in Hall A1 during the Electronica show in Munich between 13th and 16th November, 2012.
About ASTER Technologies
ASTER is the leading supplier in Board-Level Testability analysis tools, capitalizing on proven expertise in board testability and strong customer relations. Founded in 1993, ASTER develops a wide range of products dealing with PCB Testability, Viewing and Quality Management. TestWay is a proven solution, used by many PCB design and manufacturing companies worldwide that provides a unique approach to identify electrical testability requirements and compute theoretical test coverage early in the design chain.
For more information about the company and its solutions, please visit www.aster-technologies.com or call ASTER on +33 299 83 01 01